Well, as usual I am in a rambling mood, more long-winded than normal! There's a shocker. So for those with weak bladders, go pee! Then grab a beverage and pull up a chair. Make yourself comfy I will be a while. :o)
*grabs her jug of happiness and tops her glass up*
Hmmm, as a whumper, should I be complaining at the possibly of Shep becoming all hot and feverish and needing icing down in a cold bath? I only say this as it could have been integral to the plot. :P
Moving swiftly on!
Vengeance... there were so many things that I adored about this ep, right from the start. At the initial opening we see Ronon teaching Rodney how to bantu fight. It really was a classic moment. With Rodney attempting to be brave with what looked like a shield around his stomach and dressed up in his karate gui (which i'm assuming he acquired it off the set of ADB) hehehe, Cheeky lil Devil. Throughout the episode, fans were rewarded with some great team and character moments, with the stage set in some abandoned building complete with slime oozing down the wall. Coupled with a dark dank atmosphere, this episode had all the hallmarks of a great 45 minutes worth of entertainment and it didn't disappoint at all. It had action, intensity, mind whump and team moments galore, and i'm sure it's going to be up there with the best of S3!
So what did I love in particular?
- Ronon and Rodney sparring ( I loved seeing them build on their friendship from TOR)
- Nice to see continuity (The super volcano people)
- Shep mind whump with the bugs (Squeeeeeee, I loved that he didn't take his eyes of the bug the whole time he was in that room with it!)
- Blowing up the bugs and Rodney's comments of "Did you use enough dynamite their butch!" *giggles*
- Teyla and Michael's moments
- Sheppard's "I hate those bugs" hehehe, i'd love to see that built up on in S4.
- Ronon calling Sheppard 'John' and disagreeing with him. (For me it shows how far the character has come and that he's now settled in the team).
- The whump! (Only criticism) We need more blood... Don't shake your head that i've said it, we need it for authenticity. :D
Well i'd be here all day, and i've rambled on enough. I'm hoping that the writers will play on Sheppard's fears more in S4, and allow his character to show a bit of fragility. I will continue to squee with delight at the forthcoming eps, and only hope that the air date is sooner than the fall.
As for the quest for shirtless Shep... well, I think i'm still on 'the testing of Cheeky's patience' at the moment. But, it's still early days, so I think i'm right on course. :o)