Tuesday 19 May 2009

Tattoo's

After 6 months, I finally decided to get my fourth tattoo. This time I got a Japanese cherry blossom as a band around my ankle. There are differences between the Chine version and the Japanese version. The Japanese one holds more significance for me and my life, but a lot of people don't realise the significance, and to be honest a lot of girls just like them. :) If you want to know the difference, here it is.


The first one I got was when I was 15, and it was done in one of the bouncers kitchen from a nightclub I used to attend when I was *cough*underage*cough*. It helped tremendously that I developed at an early age. ;) The tattoo I got admittedly was the most impulsive thing i have done as a teenager... sort of. The tattoo was of Charlie Brown with the words saying "Good Grief!" Whatever possessed me, I have no idea, and it is the only tattoo I regret, but I did get an offer to pose for a nudy mag at the time.. but I was a lot slimmer in those days. Needless to say I declined as I was only 16 at the time.

The other one I got when I was 22 and is a Chinese symbol on my hip. I eventually told my mom at age 25 that I had two tats and she promptly told me to wash them off... you gotta love her for that. Believe me it took lots of convincing to tell her they were real.

The third one I got is my most beloved tattoo, I had it done 2 years ago a couple of years after my Dad died of cancer. During my time of looking after him, it was the most stressful and rewarding time of my life. My Dad needed me, he was scared and vulnerable, as was I at losing him. During that time as you know my mom was in intensive care at Walton neurology, and there were times I just thought I cannot do this anymore. But the perseverance was well worth it, as was the 2 and a half hour sitting getting it done on my back! It was how I felt and still sometimes feel even years later, and I adore it. The tattoo was done at Triballife tattoo (now called Memento moiri, based in Liverpool, and he was a great artist and conversationalist. To be honest I thought it was going to be excruciating, but really it was a walk in the park. Maybe because of the meaning behind it? The aftercare of my tattoo went so smoothly, no scabbing, scarring. I took good care of it, and still to this day I adore it, and have no regrets.

During the last 6 months, I thought about getting the cherry blossom tattoo and the artwork and the placement is fantastic. However, my god I never understood how painful it would be afterwoods. My ankle has swelled to twice the normal size, it is a bit inflammed and hot. I have been cleansing it as instructed, and now have it elevated. But oh my goodness, even walking is agony. Hopefully it will settle down in a few days.

Here's some links on aftercare if you decide to get a tattoo done.

http://tattoo.about.com/cs/beginners/a/blaftercare.htm
http://www.tattoozoo.co.uk/aftercare/aftercare.html

As soon as the swelling is settled i'll add some pics. :)

No comments: